The Court Modernization and Expansion project groundbreaking took place on June 27, 2019. The project includes:
- a brand new 5 story addition with 50 larger, more modern suites using up-to-date architectural design. As part of this exciting expansion project, Canterbury’s current dementia care program will expand from 20 to 53 much-needed spaces.
- Canterbury will fully renovate its 45-year-old facility and will incorporate the only end- of-life-care residential hospice in Edmonton. The unit will have 16 beds plus a guest room for family members. A multidisciplinary team of care providers and specialized programming will meet the needs of residents as well as provide support and comfort to their family members.
- Canterbury’s service outreach program will redevelop common area spaces to enable seniors living in their own homes, to participate in the programs offered to Canterbury residents. Canterbury will expand programming capacity to serve seniors in west Edmonton in their own homes.
- Upgrading the physical design of existing suites and rooms to accommodate seniors’ mobility needs and care needs, more Canterbury residents will “age in community” rather than being forced to move as their care needs increase.
- It is Canterbury’s vision to provide a Promise of Home: where seniors live with dignity in a loving faith-based community that is open to anyone.
The project’s $42 million cost will be raised through a $2.5 million community fundraising campaign, a $2.5 million contribution from Canterbury and a long term mortgage.
We hope you join us in this exciting project to provide on-going care to the seniors within the Edmonton community.