Canterbury Foundation Information Notice
To: All residents, family and friends
From: Wendy King, Executive Director
Re: COVID-19 - DO NOT LEAVE THE BUILDING
Given the seriousness of the COVID-19 virus and the lives of the 287 seniors we are committed to protect, the Canterbury Foundation has decided that all residents will be required to remain on the premises until further notice.
Residents are not permitted to leave the building, without prior approval from the Health Services Department at Canterbury Foundation.
We are pleased to report that as of today there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Canterbury. However, there is a very small window of opportunity to take the following aggressive measures to protect the residents and staff of Canterbury Foundation:
In order to stop the potential spread of COVID-19 it is now necessary to limit residents to only essential off-site activities. All leave for off-site activities must first be approved by the Canterbury Health Services Department.
- Visitation to Canterbury has been limited to essential visits only. (For example, urgent medical follow up).
- Shuttle service has been cancelled.
- Please reschedule routine medical and dental appointments.
- Please inform your family and friends of these new guidelines.
- Any deliveries coming to Canterbury will be stopped by reception and delivered by Canterbury Foundation staff members.
- Canterbury will work with Canterbury residents to make sure they have the supplies they need.
- If you are unsure or have questions about these new requirements, please reach out to a Canterbury staff member and they will navigate your concerns with you.
We recognize this may be disappointing news. However, we are asking no more than what the Government of Canada has asked of all Canadians during this extraordinary time - to stay at home.
We know there will be a lot of questions and concerns to be addressed. We are actively working on a more direct communication hotline for residents to connect with staff to get the answers they need. We will be releasing more information as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Heidi Hadubiak, Director of Health Services, at 780-930-3733.
We want to thank you for your patience and for working with us to protect the health and safety of everyone at Canterbury, your family and friends, and all of Alberta. We will get through this together.
Executive Director, Canterbury Foundation