Last week the Chief Medical Officer of Health issued an order indicating that, where feasible, residents can enjoy outdoor visits with up to two other individuals.
Please note that the order is not meant to open visitation within Canterbury. The residents of Canterbury and at other centres around the country continue to be among the most vulnerable to severe effects from COVID-19.
It is important for residents and families, to assess the benefit of the outdoor visits in terms of physical health, safety, and emotional well being. This has undoubtedly been a very difficult time and we look forward to continuing to provide the best care, keeping Canterbury COVID free.
Please be aware of the following considerations:
- All persons must wear a mask and maintain 2-meter distance while engaging in the outdoor visit
- Visitors are responsible for bringing their own masks
- Outdoor visits can only be requested by the designated essential visitor or the resident
- All visits will be 45 minutes in length - visits will be scheduled based on availability of staff to effectively monitor, support, and coordinate the visiting process
- These visits are subject to cancellation due to bad weather
- Maximum of 3 people per visit is allowed; this includes the designated essential visitor, the resident and one additional guest
- Visitors will not be allowed access into the building during outdoor visits
- To ensure masks are worn continuously, please do not share any food during these visits
- We also ask that visitors cancel/not attend should they be feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the scheduled visit
- All gifts, food and other personal items should be dropped off at the reception desk as per our current delivery process
For Court residents: visits will be held outside the court main entrance. We have created seating areas to accommodate the established precautions.
For Manor visits: Please go directly to the Manor East Courtyard on 141 street.
Visits can be scheduled Monday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To book an outdoor visit, please call the Life Enrichment Department at (780) 930-3736
Please note: We’d like to reiterate that even with new outdoor visiting allowances and some services that are scheduled for reopening within the province, precautions for care homes remain in place. Visitation within Canterbury is still not allowed and residents will not be able to leave the facility to go golfing, go to beauty salons in the community or visit restaurants. Our team is working very hard to contain the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and residents will not be allowed to leave without the permission of Health Services.