Health and Wellness
Canterbury Foundation “Where Life is Worth Living”
- Canterbury Resident
Social Work Program
The community outreach program encompasses the services of a Social Worker on site, who aims to help residents maintain a high quality of life and encourages independence through emotional support, consultation, intervention, and advocacy.With this initiative, we ensure that a holistic approach to care is available to all residents, families, and other seniors in the community.
Our Social Worker helps you feel at home and offers assistance with a variety of personal matters such as:
- Adjustment and coping with transition and lifestyle changes
- Advocacy and family mediation
- Receiving the highest quality of care while working with our multidisciplinary healthcare team, the community and families
- Advising on available legal information on personal decision making
- Consultation about Federal and Provincial programs and benefits for seniors
Click here to view Canterbury's Social Work video.